Monday, November 23, 2009

Mother

I am thankful that you still read to me when I’m feeling down, like you used to when I was a little girl. I love that you still pause to show me the pictures, so I can pretend that time has stopped and everything is simple again.

I am thankful that you still play the piano for me. My favorite moments are as simple as laying on the carpeted floor, sunlight dancing in through the windows on a lazy summer day, while you play melodies that you know by heart but can no longer remember the names of.

I am thankful that, every so often, you still take a day off work and I stay home from college so we can play hooky at the zoo. I learned more important things on those days then I did in all my years at school.

I am thankful that you let me figure things out for myself. You support me no matter what I decide; like when I refused to learn how to ride a bike for years and years. You never pushed me, but when I finally came around, you were there to hold the handlebars.

******************

Thank you ModCloth Thank-a-thon Blog contest, for inspiring this entry!

http://blog.modcloth.com/2009-11-09-thanksgiving-thank-a-thon-blog-contest

No comments:

Post a Comment